Coming Soon! Experience the Magic!

Monday, August 27, 2012

Introducing Letters In the Moonlight of Taj Mahal

Letters In the Moonlight of Taj Mahal is my upcoming romantic novelette and is fast becoming my new favorite story!

Lyla Kelly and Marc Hosseini have never met. The forty-seven-year-old widow and mother of grown twin boys doesn't know what to think when she begins receiving letters from the son of an old friend. She never fathomed that Marc, twelve years her junior, could ever be interested in someone like her, especially since they have never even seen one another. Nor does she count on the passion that his mere words invoke in her.
Go with Lyla and Marc on their journey of discovery, and watch a surprisingly-powerful love bloom between them–a love strong enough to rival the undying adoration that inspired the building of one of the Seven Wonders of the World. The beautiful shrine, Taj Mahal.

Excerpt
Agra, India
Dear Marc,
How I long to have you here with me. Though I have always found comfort in our letters, the thought of actually being with you makes our written words pale in comparison.
I have tried to keep myself busy today. I went for my morning walk and you were there with me as usual. Thoughts of you consume every step I take. Even more so today.
I talked with the boys after breakfast, and like clockwork, they immediately asked about you, wanting to know if you'd made it here yet. You guys have never met, yet they are completely taken with you. Why is that?
Dumb question, indeed. You seem to charm everyone by just being you. And you have charmed my grown sons by simply giving me a reason to smile each day.
Oh, heavens, how I ache to be in your arms! Being apart from you is madness. What have you done to me? I have yet to experience your embrace, but I dream of it almost every waking moment. I imagine what your arms will feel like, the feel of your mouth on mine, the taste of your kiss, and the sensation of your touch as you make love to me. Oh, how . . .
Sorry, back to my day.
After doing some laundry, I did a little more sightseeing. I have been trying to pace myself because there are so many things I want to experience with you. You did promise to take me way off the beaten path, remember? And you are going to introduce me to Bollywood! I can't wait. But of course, I will. I have heard this Indian superstar, Hrithik Roshan, is a handsome guy. But I'm sure he isn't even in your league.
I long to finally see your face, Marc, and have you see mine. I hope you will be pleased. I know I will be, because I know your heart, as you know mine. That is what matters. Every now and then when I am tempted to worry about the age difference again, I remind myself of that fact, because I know you would if you were here.
It is dark now, and like my own, the mouths of other visitors are agape at this magnificent spectacle. I have watched the colors of the grand structure change in the fading light, each shade equally beautiful, just as you told me. The Palace looks milky white in the soft light of the morning, and then it glistens brightly in the afternoon sun like a jewel against the blue sky. Then the moonlight makes it even more majestic and beautiful beyond words. Right now it is shining like a pearl in a sea of velvet.
So here I still sit, never moving from the bench, writing this letter to you bathed in the moonlight of Taj Mahal. I sat here last night, and the night before as well. I can't help wondering if this is the same bench on which Princess Diana sat when she visited so many years ago. I think my name should be carved into this bench because I occupy it so much, waiting for you. Funny, this spot always seems to be vacant, as if the fates sense this is my place–mine and yours, though we have never shared it in body, only in spirit.
When I return to my room in a while, I will email these thoughts to you.
Come to me soon, my love.
Please.
Yours forever,
Lyla

“Oh, Marc,” I whisper into the night. “Here I go again. I can't help it. My thoughts always roam to where we began, you and I. It's hard to believe it was only two months ago that I received your first letter. I wish I had it with me now. But then again, I don't need it. I remember it by heart.”
I sigh, quickly lost in the memory. “Maybe by starting at the beginning this time, it will help me manage the incessant pain of this great and terrible wait I endure.”

Release details coming soon!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read another great book that you have written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your informative post!!!
    Village Talkies a top-quality professional corporate video production company in Bangalore and also best explainer video company in Bangalore & animation video makers in Bangalore, Chennai, India & Maryland, Baltimore, USA provides Corporate & Brand films, Promotional, Marketing videos & Training videos, Product demo videos, Employee videos, Product video explainers, eLearning videos, 2d Animation, 3d Animation, Motion Graphics, Whiteboard Explainer videos Client Testimonial Videos, Video Presentation and more for all start-ups, industries, and corporate companies. From scripting to corporate video production services, explainer & 3d, 2d animation video production , our solutions are customized to your budget, timeline, and to meet the company goals and objectives.
    As a best video production company in Bangalore, we produce quality and creative videos to our clients.

    ReplyDelete